At Engage Student Ministries at Meadow Brook Baptist Church, we seek to minister to 6th-12th grade students in a way that encourages them to engage the gospel, engage in community, and engage on mission
Engage the Gospel
“And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the scriptures the concerning himself.” – Luke 24:27 (ESV)
- Gospel is the focus of Biblical teaching
- Gospel is the key to following Jesus.
- Jesus is the Hero of the Bible.
- Gospel drives Christians to live on mission for Jesus and His kingdom.
Engage in Community
“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.” – John 1:14a (ESV)
- Students grow in their relationship with Jesus.
- Students grow closer to each other through Christian community.
- Students grow close to a team of caring adults that want to encourage them in their walk with Jesus.
Intentional Relationships for Supporting Students’ Spiritual Growth:
- Youth Ministers
- Sunday School/Small Group Leaders
- Prayer Partners
Adapted from Richard Ross, Student Ministry and the Supremacy of Christ, 2009
Engage on Mission
“And Jesus came and said to them, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” – Matthew 28:18-20 (ESV)
- Every student is called to be a missionary for Jesus wherever they are.
- Campus- First Priority and FCA
- Community- Student Service Projects
- World- Mission Trips
Student Ministry Strategy
“And they devoted themselves to the apostle’s teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.” – Acts 2:42 (ESV)
- Apostle’s Teaching (Bible Study)- Sunday School, Wednesday Night Worship, Breakfast Club, and Small Group Bible Studies
- Fellowship and Service- Hang Outs, Student Service Projects, and First Priority or FCA on Campus
- Prayer- Student Prayer Time